Associate researcher on intersection signal control work with TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAT DRESDEN (TU DRESDEN)
HAVE YOU Dresden, Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences “Friedrich List”, Institute for Traffic Telematics, the Chair of Traffic Process Automation offers a position of
Intersection Signal Control Research Associate (m/f/x)
(subject to personal qualification, employees are paid according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
limited until December 31, 2024 with possibility of extension, from as soon as possible. The duration of employment is governed by the law on fixed-term research contracts (WissZeitVG). The position offers the possibility of obtaining an additional academic qualification. Reconciling family and career is an important issue. The position is generally suitable for candidates seeking part-time employment. Please note this request in your application documents.
The chair led by Professor Meng Wang conducts research on models, algorithms and solutions for the management and control of sustainable transport systems, including but not limited to energy-efficient driving, systems security for vulnerable road users and traffic control in the context of connected and highly automated driving (C-ITS). Our research serves the long-term goal of creating a sustainable, safe and efficient transportation system.
You will conduct research projects in the area of intersection signal control and traffic management, including:
- Bibliographic study of national and international publications, projects and regulations relevant to the project
- Analyses, classification and evaluation of traffic engineering aspects of projects
- Development of traffic management and signal control algorithms
- Design and implementation of algorithms in traffic simulation and in the field with the support of partners
- Preparation of documentation/reports for customers as well as scientific publications in German and English
- Presentation of project results at national and international conferences and journals.
Depending on your experience, you may be required to perform the following tasks:
- Coordination with project partners (urban planning offices, public works authorities, transport companies, research institutes or other project partners)
- Participation in requests for new projects, i.e. preparation of conceptual designs and cost/effort estimates.
university degree in transport/traffic engineering or in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, systems and control with transport applications;
- experience in nonlinear optimization of dynamic systems;
- programming skills in Python or Java;
- strong organizational and teamwork skills in interdisciplinary projects;
- deep analytical understanding;
- good command of the German and English languages, both written and spoken;
- experience in creating, calibrating and evaluating microscopic traffic flow simulations with PTV Vissim, in particular also using COM and/or SUMO interface
- Knowledge of German regulations and laws (StVO + VwV, RiLSA, HBS, RASt, ERA, etc.) is preferred.
A high level of self-motivation to pursue scientific publication is considered a plus.
A strong motivation to pursue an academic qualification up to doctorate/habilitation is considered a plus.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same goes for people with disabilities.
Application documents must be in English and contain:
- a motivation letter for the application (motivation letter),
- curriculum vitae,
- a list of publications (if any),
- copy of transcripts and diplomas,
- 3-page English summary of the highest degree thesis,
- names and contact details of two references that we can contact.
Please submit your complete application, including the usual documentation, by August 1, 2022 (the arrival date stamped from the university’s central mail service applies) to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Verkehrswissenschaften “Friedrich List”, Institut für Verkehrstelematik, Professur für Verkehrsprozessautomatisierung, z. HDn. Heike Seifert, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden or via the TU Dresden SecureMail portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de to [email protected] Your application documents will not be returned to you, please send only copies. Costs incurred to attend interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Please submit applications in a single PDF file including all supporting documents.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further data protection information can be found on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis