Associate Researcher, Process Systems Engineering Group at TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAT DRESDEN (TU DRESDEN)
To TU Dresden, Faculty of Mechanical Science and Engineering, Institute of Process Engineering and Environmental Technology, the Process Systems Engineering Group offers a position of Research Associate (m/f/x)
(subject to personal qualification, employees are paid according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
from the earliest possible date. The position is part of the research project RUBENS – “Rapid and Unique Business Transformation by Extended Sensing for Next Generation Process Sites” and its duration is limited until March 31, 2025. The period of employment is governed by the law on contracts fixed-term search ( Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). The position offers the possibility of obtaining an additional academic qualification (eg a doctorate).
Tasks: Develop and study solution approaches for process plant monitoring and optimization based on the NAMUR Open Architecture (NOA), in particular.
- organize workshops with industry partners for needs analysis
- analysis of industry partners’ EMSR technology regarding information-rich data streams
- prototypical implementation of process plant monitoring and optimization software based on NOA open channel data
- coordination of research results with our industrial partners (plant operators, measurement and control technology manufacturers)
- publication of research results at international conferences and in recognized scientific journals.
- Above average university degree in the field of information systems engineering, automation engineering, process informatics, process engineering or related fields
- very good knowledge in the field of modelling, simulation, optimization and control
- very good programming skills in common languages
- independent, goal-oriented and solution-oriented way of working
- interdisciplinary and team-oriented thinking
- assured fluency in English and German, both written and spoken.
Are you excited about research and development work for digitization in the process industry? Are you curious and like to know more every day? Then the Process Systems Engineering group team offers you exactly the right opportunities. Our international team of process engineers, automation engineers, information systems engineers and data scientists work on solutions for the future of the process industry. Further information on the Process Systems Engineering group can be found at: https://tu-dresden.de/ing/maschinenwesen/ifvu/svt.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same goes for people with disabilities.
Please send your complete application accompanied by the usual documents by April 19, 2022 (the stamped arrival date of the university’s central mail service applies), preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it with the title “RUBENS_Application_2,
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further data protection information can be found on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis.
Please find the German version under: